The forecast for the weekend ahead finally deteriorated enough yesterday evening that we pretty much had no choice but to cancel our camping trip that we had planned. This just did not look good at all for traveling in the RV on Thursday and returning on Sunday.
I am very, very grateful that we were not already on the road and had time to make this decision before getting stuck out in this weather, which will be our first big arctic front of the season and one that is coming earlier than normal. We all really wanted to go, since our son was coming along with us this time, but it was just not to be, I guess. This would not have been our first time out in snowy weather, but we have never been faced with driving on slick roads, something I am not a fan of. At. All. The only wreck I’ve ever been involved in was on slick roads, and I want to avoid that in the future if I can.
We may have another opportunity to go camping next weekend after our Thanksgiving meal with family, and it now looks like my husband will be off for two weeks after Christmas, too. So, there are other options in the not-too-distant future to go out again.
I’m headed out later this morning to go to the RV storage place and unload all of the food in the refrigerator that I don’t want to freeze. We are just going to leave everything else, including our clothes that were already loaded, just in case we can go next week.
The other positive thing about the cancelled trip is that we can go see Catching Fire tomorrow on opening day! The Hunger Games series is one of the best book series that I’ve ever read, and I loved the first movie a lot. I have a Goodreads widget on my site toward the bottom left, that shows the most recent books that I’ve read, too. Widgets are so handy and fun! 😉